trust taxes id

What's the Difference Between a CPA and a Tax Attorney?

The thought of tax season can bring on a sense of dread for many people. But there are qualified professionals whose jobs are to help others through the complexities of tax preparations, filings, and payments. In this article, we’ll cover the main differences between two of these professionals: CPAs, or certified public accountants, and tax attorneys. We’ll also discuss how to determine which of these you may need to enlist for help, depending upon your financial circumstances. 

What is a CPA?

A CPA, or certified public accountant, obtains their certification through an intensive course of higher education in managing finances and business records. CPAs are highly familiar with federal and state tax laws and will not only help their clients to abide by all laws and regulations, but also strictly abide by regulations that apply to their certifications as well.

Why Grantors Trusts May Save You On Taxes

The topic of Living Trusts can be confusing and complex in nature, especially when it comes to taxation.  In this article, I will clarify the way a basic grantor revocable living trust is taxed.

What is a trust?         

Understanding a grantor trust is the first point when considering how a trust is taxed. By definition, a trust is an estate planning tool that creates a relationship where three different roles are created. The first role is called the grantor or the trustor. The grantor is the party that creates the trust. The second role is called the trustee. The trustee is the party that holds trust property/assets and manages the trust. The third role is the beneficiary.  The beneficiary is the party that benefits from the trust.

Subscribe to trust taxes id

Two Offices to Serve You

Boise Office
199 N. Capitol Blvd.
Suite 200
Boise, ID 83702
Twin Falls Office
516 Hansen St. E
Twin Falls, ID 83301

Request a Consultation

(208) 384-8588