Boise Bankruptcy Lawyer
If you are a party to a Chapter 7, Chapter 11, or Chapter 12 bankruptcy in Idaho, whether as a creditor or debtor, as an individual, as a representative of a company, or as a corporation or other corporate entity, you risk unnecessary financial loss if the matter is not handled properly.
Johnson May provides a wide variety of legal services to individual and corporate debtors, trustees, creditors, principals, and receivers, including:
- Assisting businesses with Chapter 7 or Chapter 11 bankruptcy filings
- Helping individuals file for Chapter 7 bankruptcy
- Helping family farmers and family fisherman with Chapter 12
- Winding up corporate or limited liability entities
The firm also represents debtors, principals, purchasers, and creditors in connection with non-Bankruptcy business reorganization and workouts. We work with our clients and their business, financial, and accounting consultants to determine whether there are viable alternatives to Bankruptcy.
If your business is struggling to deal with large amounts of debt, Chapter 11 bankruptcy may be the best option for you. In a Chapter 11 bankruptcy, businesses or individuals are given the chance to propose a plan that allows business owners time to repay their debts and obtain the new beginning they need. The goal of Chapter 11 is to provide businesses with an opportunity to restructure and emerge more viable.
Johnson May has substantial Chapter 11 experience. We are well prepared to work closely with you to increase your chances of finding a favorable resolution to your financial distress issues. Our experienced bankruptcy lawyers will walk you through the process and advise you as to the realistic options available to improve your situation.
As a creditor, you have significant protections, and it is important to fully understand your rights under the bankruptcy code. Working with an experienced bankruptcy attorney can help you protect your ability to make a recovery when bankruptcy is filled. Our lawyers provide skilled representation and keep you informed of your rights and responsibilities throughout the entire bankruptcy process. We work closely with creditors as they pursue recovery and protect their rights. Our firm assists creditors in securing unpaid debts from individuals and businesses within and outside the bankruptcy process. Our creditors’ rights attorneys counsel clients in a variety of matters, including:
- Real and personal property foreclosures
- Recovery of leased equipment
- Presentation of deficiency claims
- Enforcement of lease contracts
- Recovery of amounts owed
If your case requires litigation, we provide a forceful and vigorous representation of clients to obtain recoveries. Johnson May represents clients in connection with virtually any litigation matters in bankruptcy cases, including:
- defending or prosecuting preference claims
- defense or prosecution of suits to recover fraudulent transfers
- enforcement or lifting of the automatic stay
- defense or prosecution of suits to recover assets for the bankruptcy estate
- objecting to or supporting plans of reorganization and sales of assets
To discuss the bankruptcy needs of your business with an experienced bankruptcy attorney, contact our bankruptcy law firm today.