Each team member we hire adds value to our firm and brings experience and knowledge to our legal practice. Johnson May hires individuals with diverse backgrounds, exceptional academic achievement, and outstanding interpersonal skills. At Johnson May, you will find a career that challenges you. We believe wholeheartedly in our firm-wide team approach. If you are interested in joining our team, please send a cover letter, resume, and writing sample via mail or electronic submission to our Managing Partner, Sheli Fulcher Koontz.
JOHNSON MAY is seeking an Associate Attorney to join its fast-growing, full-service legal team. The ideal candidate will primarily manage litigation cases and resolve legal disputes within the Firm’s practice areas. The Firms expectations for the candidate include interaction with clients, negotiating settlements, drafting documents and pleadings, taking depositions, attending hearings, and participating in court and jury trials. The candidate will also conduct transactional work within the applicable practice areas as needed.
The Firm represents clients in the areas of:
- Banking Law
- Business law
- Civil Litigation
- Estate Planning & Probate
- Family Law
- Personal Injury
- Real Estate
The optimal candidate will be able to step into a fast-paced and dynamic general litigation and transactional practice with offices located in Boise, Idaho and Twin Falls, Idaho.
- Visible passion and energy to add to an already high-performing team, along with a personal desire for personal career growth and development.
- Voracious appetite for knowledge and perpetual intellectual curiosity.
- Steadfast moral compass and unwavering dedication to integrity and honesty.
- Strong, clear communication and exceptional people skills – via phone or in person.
- A self-driven and self-motivated mindset with a selfless ability to work as a team member with attorneys, paralegals, legal assistants, and administrative staff people.
- Strong legal research and writing skills — successful applicants will be expected to complete a writing assignment to be employment eligible.
- Exceptional academic credentials.
- Ability to independently draft documents and pleadings with only minimal editing/formatting needed.
- Proficient experience using Microsoft Office 365 programs – Outlook, Word, Excel, MS Teams.
- Willingness to participate in professional networking opportunities and collaborate on Firm marketing initiatives, for both individual and Firm growth.
- Ability to commute to either office location during regular business hours.
- Current Idaho Bar License, CLE compliance, and good standing status
- Experience: 3+ years of practice with an emphasis in litigation
- Reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work for either Boise, ID 83702 or Twin Falls, ID 83301 location.
- Prolonged periods sitting/standing at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to occasionally lift up to 25 pounds.
Compensation depends upon experience and meeting the above-stated qualifications and requirements.
Candidates earn a base salary and can participate in a bonus structure allowing the candidate to control his/her earning potential.
Benefits package – to be discussed at interview.
Candidates have the option to participate in career mentorship programs, including a Partnership Track.
A minimum of three references will be requested from the candidate and contacted for interview follow-up to determine final eligibility.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $80,000.00 – $125,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
- Bonus pay
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Boise, ID 83702: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Idaho State Bar license in good standing (Preferred)
Work Location: Hybrid remote in Boise, ID 83702
Johnson May is looking for an outgoing and detail-oriented multi-tasker for a
Front Office Coordinator position with our fast-paced law Firm. In this position, you
will assist with various clerical and administrative duties. These tasks include
greeting clients, answering phones, taking messages, managing email and
mail correspondence, as well as scheduling appointments. You may also assist
with invoicing, updating client files, and ordering office supplies. Since you will
be the first impression of the Firm clients see as they walk through our doors,
we are seeking an ideal candidate who will maintain a professional
appearance, upbeat attitude and sincere enjoyment in interacting with
- Answer phones and take detailed messages
- Respond to or forward client questions to the appropriate
- Respond to emails
- Manage mail correspondence
- Greet clients/visitors in a friendly, professional manner and
determine the reason for their visit
- Usher clients to conference rooms and provide them with
- Assist with conference room video/audio access for meetings
- Help maintain office calendar
- Assist with invoicing
- Perform data entry and filing tasks
- Manage inventory of office supplies
- Perform other clerical tasks as needed
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Exceptional people and communication skills.
- Ability to converse on the phone in a professional manner and
take/forward detailed messages
- Administrative or clerical experience preferred
- Legal experience is a plus
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs
- Computer use proficiency
- Initiative-driven organizational and time management skills
- Basic math skills
- Professional appearance
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift 15 + pounds at times.
At Johnson May, we are seeking an exceptional Legal Assistant to join our rapidly expanding, fullservice legal team. If you’re ready to dive into diverse legal challenges and contribute your skills to a dynamic practice, this role is your opportunity to shine. We’re seeking a passionate individual to further elevate our capabilities and provide the best service to our clients.
Johnson May is a leading law firm representing clients in various practice areas, including but not limited to adoption, banking law, business law, civil litigation, estate planning & probate, family law, personal injury, and real estate. With office locations in Boise, Idaho, and Twin Falls, Idaho, we’re a fast-paced, client-focused team committed to delivering outstanding results.
As a Legal Assistant, you’ll be an integral part of our energetic legal team. Your responsibilities will encompass a diverse range of tasks, including:
- Case Management: Work alongside our attorneys to prepare and organize legal documents related to various areas of law.
- Client/Co-worker Engagement: Communicate professionally and effectively with clients and with our team members in person, over the phone, email and written correspondence addressing inquiries and providing updates.
- Administrative Mastery: Keep our legal processes running smoothly by managing calendars, tracking deadlines, scheduling appointments, and maintaining organized client files.
- Document Control: Ensure our legal files are expertly organized electronically for easy access and reference.
- Court Contributions: Assist with the preparation and filing of legal documents with courts, ensuring compliance with procedural requirements.
- Collaborative Spirit: Thrive in a collaborative environment, working closely with attorneys, paralegals, and legal professionals to enhance our collective efficiency.
- Experience: Prior experience as a Legal Assistant or as an administrative assistant is a plus.
- Attention to Detail: Strong organizational skills, keen attention to detail, and the ability to prioritize
- Communication: Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Tech Savvy: Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and legal software. Familiarity with relevant legal
databases, or a desire to learn the systems.
- Independent Initiative: Ability to work independently, take initiative, and excel in a fast-paced
- Education: An associate degree in legal studies or a related field is a plus.
What We Offer:
- Competitive Compensation: Your experience and expertise will be rewarded with a competitive
- Professional Growth: Opportunities to learn and develop your legal skills, supported by our
- Collaborative Environment: Be part of a team that values teamwork and individual contributions.
- Inclusive Culture: We’re an equal-opportunity employer that values diversity and inclusivity. If you’re an ambitious Legal Assistant ready to take on challenging and rewarding responsibilities, we encourage you to apply. Join us in making a meaningful impact in the legal field and contributing to the growth of our clients and our firm.
To apply, please submit your resume, cover letter, and references to firstname.lastname@example.org. We’re excited to review your application and consider you for this exciting opportunity.