Boise Business Lawyers
If you are doing business without legal advice from experienced Idaho business lawyers, you are probably making inaccurate assumptions about your risks. The business lawyers of Johnson May handles virtually all legal issues that small business owners and Idaho businesses confront.
In order to be competitive, you need to have a clear understanding of your opportunities and obstacles in Idaho business review. Whether you are just starting a business, exploring the possibility of reorganizing, transition planning, or asserting your rights in court, Johnson May can inform and guide you so that you are able to accurately balance your risks and rewards and make the decisions that are best for your business objectives.
Our Business Law Services Offered from Our Business Law Firm
We take pride in being a full-service Idaho business and corporate law, firm to represent clients. Examples of transactional legal services we provide to our business clients include:
- Business Formation (partnership, LLC, corporations)The business entity form you choose can matter enormously moving forward. It can shield or expose you to legal liability for business debts, and it can make obtaining future funding harder than it should be. Let us help you identify the correct business form or assist with transitioning to a different form.
- Buy-Sell Agreements: Any time an owner exits a firm there is a risk of a company being thrown into chaos. Buy-sell agreements limit this risk in the event an owner retires, dies, or loses property in a divorce. Let us craft a buy-sell agreement that protects your company.
- Business Dissolution: A business needs to wind up properly, otherwise the owners could end up on the wrong end of a lawsuit. Our Boise business lawyers can check all the boxes to ensure your dissolution is as smooth as possible.
- Corporate and LLC Governance: Business owners and managers need on-the-spot legal advice to handle a variety of confusing issues. We are only a phone call away to help with any governance issue.
- Tax Strategy: The IRS is always eager to come after a business, and the media enjoys promoting stories about companies failing to pay their “fair share.” Hire Johnson May for ethical, accurate tax strategy that protects your company while also minimizing the tax bill.
- Employment Compliance: Employers need to follow detailed employment laws. Some issues include protecting your company from allegations of discrimination, harassment, or retaliation. We can also advise on the creation of employment agreements, non-compete clauses, and non-disclosure agreements.
- Trade Secret Protection: Customer lists, copyrights, and other proprietary information have grown increasingly valuable for companies over the past 20 years. We can help you protect this information with appropriate agreements.
- Contract Drafting and Revision. No business should fill-in-the-blank contracts found online, or simply agree to another company’s terms. Instead, you need contracts specifically designed for your industry and the prime risks you face. We can draft or negotiate any type of legal agreement, including licenses.
Litigation Services For Our Boise Business Clients
Additionally, Johnson May attorneys are noble and experienced court attorneys. We regularly handle a variety of business and commercial litigation law matters, including:
- Shareholder Disputes: We can represent you or your company in disputes involving breach of fiduciary duties, breach of shareholder agreements, conflicts of interest, distribution of dividends, and more.
- Business Dissolution: Business liabilities are often a focus of litigation when a company dissolves. We can handle any type of business dissolution litigation.
- Business Reorganization Bankruptcy: Chapter 11 allows debtors to remain in possession of their companies while reorganizing their debt. We can help you through this process, including the new “small business” Chapter 11 option.
- Contract Litigation: Broken contracts are a fact of life for many businesses. Let us craft a litigation strategy and discuss possible remedies, such as specific performance or damages. We can also discuss whether negotiation, mediation, or arbitration are ideal methods of resolving the dispute.
- Non-compete Enforcement: Any breach of a non-compete agreement requires immediate action before trade secrets are disclosed and your company is harmed. We can defend a non-compete agreement as valid in court.
- Lien Foreclosures: We are prepared to help business clients foreclose on a lien or defeat a foreclosure action, depending on your needs.
- Fraudulent Business Practice Litigation: Our lawyers can represent your business in any type of fraudulent business claim, including allegations against your company for making misleading statements or failing to disclose information. We can also help bring a claim against one of your competitors for passing off their goods as yours or committing other deceptive practices.
Why Choose a Business Lawyer at Johnson May in Boise, ID?
Our lawyers provide a depth of experience in business law that is hard to match. We have represented a wide cross-section of the Idaho business community, including construction companies, real estate developers, limited liability companies, and more. Our business lawyers appreciate the needs of businesses, and we are always eager to discover ways the law can mesh with our client’s business goals.
Large companies have in-house counsel who are available at all hours of the day. This counsel is always available to answer management’s questions and can perform legal work for them. Small- and medium- sized companies in Boise also deserve expert legal advice in a timely manner. We never leave our clients hanging or guessing about what is happening with their legal matters. If hired, we will provide timely, accurate advice as part of our legal services. We will also work closely to hone a litigation strategy and business formation that is responsive to your needs.
Aren’t Business Lawyers An Unnecessary Expense?
Not at all. The right Boise business lawyer can provide immediate value for a client. Whatever you spend for legal services and business administration, you will get back two or threefold in reduced litigation costs, business transactions and peace of mind.
Let our Boise business lawyers draft contracts, non-disclosure agreements, and non-compete clauses for you. By creating them the right way, we can minimize the risk of a lawsuit. Our can also include provisions to divert litigation into arbitration or another less expensive form of dispute resolution.
Protecting your rights at the drafting stage pays off later, if the business relationship begins to break down and the other side breaches. Boise companies who scrape sample contracts off the internet make critical errors which end up costing them to correct later.
And if you find yourself amid civil litigation? Our attorney can help you save money, too. Litigation is often unavoidable, but our lawyers are cost sensitive and believe in helping clients resolve disputes in the most efficient manner possible. We never run up a bill or do a bunch of work without your approval. Sometimes a settlement and legal contracts can reduce litigation costs and maintain a business relationship, so our attorneys discuss all possible methods of resolving a dispute upfront so that you feel comfortable with our litigation strategy.
Any litigation carries reputational risks, which few clients appreciate. A high-profile sexual harassment claim, for example, could stain your company’s reputation, making it hard to secure high-quality talent going forward. We always remain attuned to how any dispute might impact your public image as a company, and we work to maintain client confidentiality as much as possible.
Contact our Boise business law firm to schedule a free consultation so that we can advance your objectives through sound legal advice. We have worked with businesses in all sectors of Boise’s exploding economy and is eager to discuss how we can help you.