Boise Construction Lawyer
Schedule a Confidential Consultation With a Top-Tier Boise Construction Law Attorney
Construction is one of the most important industries in Idaho. The attorneys at Johnson May will help you find solutions to problems affecting your residential, commercial, industrial, or public development projects. Whether you are a general contractor, construction manager, subcontractor, supplier, manufacturer, property owner, or developer, our experienced attorneys will represent you and help you determine the best course of action. If you have any questions about a construction law matter, please do not hesitate to contact us at our Boise law office today to set up a confidential consultation with a top-tier Idaho law attorney.
We Handle the Full Range of Construction Law Matters in Boise, Idaho
We take pride in being a full-service Idaho construction law firm. Our expertise and experience in construction law allow us to help our clients from the beginning phases of drafting contracts and initial acquisition of real property to the completion of construction and beyond. Let us develop strategies to create simple solutions to complex construction problems so that you can focus on what matters most. The construction lawyers at Johnson May have successfully represented clients across a wide range of matters in Boise, Ada County, throughout the wider region in Idaho:
- Financing & Delivery Methods: We advise clients on the best financing options and delivery methods for their construction projects. Our services include analyzing the risks and benefits of various approaches such as design-bid-build, design-build, and construction management at risk. We help clients ensure projects are financially viable.
- Licensing Issues: Our Boise construction law team helps property developers and construction companies navigate the complexities of licensing requirements. We assist with obtaining and renewing licenses and other issues related to regulatory compliance.
- Joint Venture Agreements: For many construction projects in Boise, joint ventures are effective options to get the project designed, financed, developed, and delivered. We help our clients navigate joint venture relationships. Our Boise construction lawyers draft, negotiate , and review the full range of joint venture agreements.
- Contract Drafting, Negotiating, & Termination: Contract drafting and negotiation is a key part of the construction business. Whether you are a property owner, property developer, or contractor, you need well-drafted agreements that effectively protect your rights.
- Subcontract Drafting: Construction is complicated. Many residential projects and virtually all commercial projects rely, at least in part, on the use of subcontractors. We have extensive experience drafting, negotiating, and reviewing subcontractor agreements.
- Payment & Performance Bonds: We guide clients through the process of securing payment and performance bonds―these bonds are key to guarantee the completion of the construction project and the payment of all subcontractors and suppliers.
- Change Order Negotiation: Even with a perfect plan, changes are still needed on many construction projects. We represent clients in all types of negotiations for change orders. We help our clients in Boise and elsewhere in Idaho ensure that any modifications to the contract terms, scope of work, or project costs are fair and accurate.
- Mechanic & Materialmen’s Liens: We assist clients in securing mechanic’s and materialmen’s liens as a means of protecting their right to payment for labor and materials supplied to construction projects. Along with other things, our construction law services include filing liens, enforcing lien rights, and navigating the release of liens upon payment.
- Payment & Collection: Contractors and subcontractors need to get paid for their work. Issues related to payment and the collection of overdue financial obligations can be complicated. Our Boise construction lawyers can help you find the best solution.
- Claims for Defective Materials or Products: Have questions about defective materials? We represent clients in claims against manufacturers and suppliers for defective materials or products that compromise the quality and safety of construction projects in Idaho.
- Claims for Defective Construction: Workmanship matters. We handle claims related to defective construction. Our firm has the experience to represent both property owners/property developers and contractors/subcontractors in these cases.
- Indemnity Claims: We have experience with a wide range of indemnity claims. Our services include advising on and litigating indemnity claims. We will protect you and your business from liabilities that should rightfully be assumed by other parties.
- Warranty Issues: We address issues related to warranties on construction materials and workmanship. If you have any questions about warranties and construction law in Idaho, our Boise legal team is ready to help.
- Contract Compliance & Disputes: We work to help ensure that our clients—and their counterparties—remain compliant with their contractual obligations. If a dispute arises over a contract, it is our goal to help you resolve the matter at the lowest possible level.
- Construction Litigation & Construction Arbitration: Disputes within the construction industry can arise for a wide range of different reasons. Our Boise, ID construction lawyers provide proactive representation in mediation, arbitration, and litigation.
Why Rely On the Boise Construction Lawyers at Johnson May
Construction is a complex industry. At Johnston May, we are a full-service law firm that is devoted to providing top-tier legal representation across a full range of construction issues. When you reach out to our Boise law office, you will have an opportunity to consult with an Idaho construction law attorney who can:
- Hear your story and answer your legal questions;
- Help you gather and prepare documents, records, and information; and
- Develop a strategy that protects your rights and obtains the best outcome.
Contact Our Boise Construction Law Attorneys for a Confidential Consultation
At Johnson May, our Boise construction lawyers have the skills and legal experience to protect the rights and interests of clients in our related practice areas. If you have any questions, we are here as a resource. Contact our construction law firm to schedule a consultation so that we can advance your objectives through sound legal advice. With an office in Boise, we handle construction law matters throughout the region, including Ada County, Boise County, Elmore County, Twin Falls County, and Gem County.